Thursday, November 11, 2010

(Red) Oh ... I am here...

Oh I am here! Unfortunately I have been working on other projects that have kept me away from this bi-partisian blog. Check out the other project at The U Fan Cast. As for what is going on right now? Well... yes the Utes lost to TCU. Yes it stung. Yes it was embarrassing. But the worst part about it... Utah played themselves as much as they played TCU. Dropped passes that would have kept drives moving, missed tackles, changed defensive assignments! Yes Utah basically changed their defensive personality for the biggest game in Utah history, from a 4-3 base defense to a 3-4 and ran way to much zone! Utah is a press man coverage team that runs a 4-3 scheme... and changed it! That was what hurt so bad. It was not the Utah team that we have seen over the last 36+ months. However, I believe this loss can be used as what I like to call a football enema. It cleaned out any ego and was a reality check for this program. It is something that can be grown from. 

As for byU. This week will be a challenge for them. I think Colorado St has some guys on offense that may test BYU's d this week. No only that, overall, BYU's offense is just pathetic. Yes they got points against UNLV... but Duchesne high school could do that. The key for them is to keep the ball moving and try to get to 24 points. I think CSU will put up around 20 at home, and BYU has struggled with CSU the last couple years. I think BYU squeaks it out, but am not sure what to think this game... it's a pillow fight, let's be honest. 

It is setting up to be an interesting conclusion to the final season in the Mountain West for both programs - the question now is, will both teams see the post season?

--- and I expect to have my hat back within 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment