Wednesday, November 10, 2010

(Blue) Where o where has red gone?

Dear Red,

It has been several weeks since you last spoke to me, and I have to know, was it something I did? We used to have such good times. The laughs, the tears? Is it because we no longer will be in the Mountain West Conference? Is it because you are no longer in the BCS run? (Is it because TCU is mean?) I know they are, I understand. But c'mon red, get back in the game. Talk to me. You complete me!, you are the Yin to my Yang! You are the Country to my Rock n Roll!
I hearby dedicate this song to you, come back to us Red. There is life after TCU.

Love,
Blue

To the matter at hand. Saturdays game was as good as BYU has looked all season. Granted, it was just against those oh-so-poor Rebels, but still. Defense has gotten considerably stout under the care of Coach Mendenhall and it's good to see the retarded 'bend but don't break' philosophy scrapped. Blitzing, pressure, aggression... these are the things that warm my heart. Offense also came through for a first time. Heaps finally had the game we've all been hoping he could have. There was running, there was passing, there were touchdowns and 3rd down conversions and controlling of the clock. Good good good. Problem is that we haven't won on the road this year and the next game is in cold Colorado. We're favored to be better, but the teams look even. Freshman QB's on both sides, more success at home than away, and other such similarities. This game should be a good indication of whether or not we're growing in the right direction on all fronts (I'm looking at you offense). We'll see Saturday.

As for the U... it's probably still too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment