Tuesday, August 31, 2010

(Red) Week 1 - Washington vs BYU

Alright I will keep this rather simple. Washington has possibly the best QB in the country in Jake Locker coming into Provo. He brings with him a good running back and a really good wide receiver. BYU is replacing some where along the lines of 7 or 8 defensive starters. I think Washington may be running up and down the field all day lighting up the score board. Locker is the kind of QB that BYU has a hard time with as well, he is very mobile. Think Christian Ponder from Florida St last year (and this year for that matter). But I think the biggest factor for BYU is on the offensive side of the ball. Now Washington is not known for their defensive prowess. But BYU will be starting a new QB (2 of them to be precise). A new RB (or 3). New tight ends (2 of them). And their wide receiving core is, well, McKay Jacobsen... and that's it, and he is not a #1 receiver for most other teams. I see BYU struggling this first game, now I know they have the talent there. But the growing pains could be immense. Washington is a dark horse in the Pac 10 race and they will have speed on offense and that will cause problems for BYU, as always. I don't think BYU gets blown out at home, mainly because I just don't think Washington's D is there just yet but I just don't see that BYU offense being ready for the bright lights and having turnover issues. Timing and continuity could be a big problem for BYU out of the gates.

Washington - 31
BYU - 17

No comments:

Post a Comment