Sunday, September 27, 2009

(Blue) Where do we go from here?

Well,
Lets review. Colorado State lost. Louisville lost. This isn't really surprising for those of us who pay attention to these things. But from what my associate Red tells me, Asiata tore his ACL and for all intensive purposes has just died(College football speaking). That sucks for them. He was just barely told last week that he was the leading rusher in the MW and now... not so much. But it's a win. Utah controlled and that's good, showed some cohesiveness that they were needing, but lets see how well they adjust their offense to include Eddie Wide. He looked good from his stats, so we'll see.



Our guys... Defense was good but kind of inconsistent. Liked the blocked kick. I also liked the turnovers that were generated. However, we have a big soft underbelly and people pass short up the middle with a will against us. And Logon, one of our corners, does some amazing stuff for his size, but gets regularly worked on the deep ball. What bothers me most about that situation is that he is a really obvious desperate looking pass coverage guy for the long throws so he always gets caught for pass interference. Which sucks. But we had some STELLAR hits(often after several missed tackles by us :( ). Lastly looks like Johnson is back and doing his job well, so that is key.

Other side of the ball. *sigh. Hall, you're fired. I know, I know, you are a good design quarterback, and when everything is going great with your scheme and the opposing defense is spread out and not that fast, you do great. But lets not forget one key element to good quarterbacking: you're not supposed to throw the the other team. Sorry, that's just how foot ball is. But aside from his customary picks, I liked to see some successful scramble. That is great. Unga was monstrous, and good. Pitta was really good. Offensively, things went ok, but not quite running at optimum.

End result of these games is that we both go will go on to MW play, probably dominating but with question marks for TCU and possibly UNLV. We will both get better, and I anticipate some close games for the MW Championship. Too bad that's all we have to live for. Just for the record: I HATE Boise State. Red can extrapolate more of that probably. Ask him.

Now, just for giggles, I couldn't find anything online suitably clever to answer Red's little BYU poster slight (although I admit that I have always found the Salt Flat picture series kinda gay looking) so I went ahead and made a few of my own. I want you to vote for your fave. These pics are courtesy of "The Oregonian" a paper there that ran these pics with glee.



1 comment: